Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Merry sober Christmas

Christmas day has come and gone and I actually remember the entire day!

There were a few times when things felt a little strange such as pouring drinks for people but not drinking myself.

Its not that I wanted to drink, its all those previous memories of tastes and the way I used to feel when drinking. You cant just turn those memories off and they pass in a few seconds anyway.

It reminds me of when I quit smoking 20 years ago. I regularly had dreams where I would be smoking and I would wake up and really thought I had smoked. I would be so ticked off until it dawned on me a few seconds later that it was just a dream.
That lasted for a couple of years even though I never missed smoking, I suppose it just takes a while for the brain to quit too.

So here I am on boxing day morning with a clear head and stomach and it feels great.






No comments: