Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ok been a while since my last post but thats because Ive been very busy and ............dry!!

The fact that I am no longer dependent on alcohol as I so obviously was, has changed me back to my real self in that I dont think about it. There is a life to think about instead of booze being virtually at the forefront of all my recreational thinking.

I have started a new business, something I would never have contemplated before as a drinker as I would not be able to take service calls after hours if required due to being over the driving limit for alcohol consumption.

I have been to many social gatherings and parties and being sober and enjoying myself is as natural now as breathing.

Once every now and then I get a brief flash of the feeling of going for that first drink of the day, you cant turn off your memory banks and there are thousands of memories of how good it felt when that first drink coursed through the veins after a tough day or week.
It lasts about 2-3 seconds though and I always smile it away as the results of those times blacken the feeling into oblivion.

As I did when I quit smoking many years ago, I have the occassional dream where I happen to either be drinking or know I have had a drink and the feeling on waking is awful.....for about 10 seconds until you realise it was just a dream.

Its been over 2 years now but no one is really counting anymore, it doesnt matter, I have my life back, I am in control and it feels great!

No comments: